A CLASSIC EVENT
Olympic distance: 1.5 km swim, 40 km bike, 10 km run
Welcome to the Volcano Triathlon, the oldest international triathlon race in Spain. The event has been organised and hosted by Club La Santa since 1984, and enhanced by the presence of many World Champions.
Be a part of this challenging Olympic distance triathlon and rub shoulders with some of the best triathletes in Europe.
Experience the great atmosphere and enjoy the benefits of living conveniently close to both the start and finish line right here at Club La Santa.
DATE: 24TH FEBRUARY 2024
Take part in Volcano Triathlon, the oldest international triathlon race in Spain enhanced by the presence of many World Champions.
- Race organization, traffic management, volunteers
- Race day on-course nutrition at aid stations
- Participant T-shirt
- Finisher medal for participants
- Timing and race results
- First aid assistance
- Relaxation massages provided by the students of a Massage Therapy school are available at the Finish area, on a first-come, first-serve basis until 13:30. In case you need a therapeutic massage you will need to contact a licensed physiotherapist.
GOOD TO KNOW
18-24 years, 25-29 years, 30-34 years,
35-39 years, 40-44 years, 45-49 years,
50-54 years, 55-59 years, 60-64 years,
65-69 years, 70-74 years, 75-79 years
Minimum age: 18 years
UNTIL 31ST DEC. 2023
- Individuals: 66.30€
- Relay Team: 110.50€
FROM 1ST JAN. 2024
- Individuals: 77.35€
- Relay Team: 121.55€
DEADLINE TO REGISTER
19th February 2024, 23:59 CET.
Payment by credit card or PayPal only. No participants will be accepted after the registration deadline.
Cancellation requests must be sent to: email@example.com
- Until 24.08.2023: 75% refund of entry fee
- Until 24.10.2023: 50% refund of entry fee
- Until 06.01.2024: 25% refund of entry fee
- From 07.01.2024: No refund.
It is not possible to defer a slot to another year or athlete.
The International Triathlon Union's (ITU) Competition Rules must be followed.
- All athletes must collect their race numbers personally and present their photo ID or passport.
- You must wrap the race number sticker around the seat post of your bike and place 3 stickers on your helmet (front & both sides).
- You must wear a clearly visible race number on the front of your racing kit when running.
- You must wear a clearly visible race number on the back of your racing kit when cycling.
The torso of the athlete must be covered at all times.
Normal traffic rules must be obeyed.
Remain on the right hand side of the road to allow lapping participants to overtake safely and to avoid obstructing their race.
Drafting is not allowed.
The use of wetsuit is allowed.
It is obligatory for athletes to stop in the penalty box inside the transition zone when shown a blue card.
It is participants' responsibility to make sure to be covered by their own National Triathlon Federation Insurance on race day. Without insurance, you must purchase a 1 Day Race Licence at the online registration. The 1 Day Race Licence fee is 5€.
It is participants' responsibility to make sure to be covered by their own National Triathlon Federation Insurance on race day. Without insurance, you must purchase a 1 Day Race Licence at the registration on 23/02/2024. The 1 Day Race Licence fee is 3€ per team member.
Cut off Times:
- Swim: 1hr from the race start
- Bike: 1st cut off at Caleta de Famara: 10:30hrs. Final cut off at Club La Santa: 11:00hrs
- Run: 4hrs 30mins from the race start.
- General Rules apply to the Relay Teams members (please see above).
- It is participants' responsibility to make sure to be covered by their own National Triathlon Federation Insurance on race day. Without insurance, you must purchase a 1 Day Race Licence at the online registration. The 1 Day License Relay Teams Fee is 3€ for team members.
- The Race Results Chip will act as the race baton and must be exchanged between each team member in the Transition Zone.
- The Race Results Chip must be worn on the left ankle in all 3 disciplines.
- Each team member must attach the timing chip to their left ankle before the start of their discipline within the Transition Zone.
- The next designated team member may assist the incoming one by removing the chip and reattaching it to their own ankle, but only once the first one has passed the timing mats in the Transition Zone.
Naviera Armas offers a 25% discount on boat transfers between the Canary Islands for the participants of the Volcano Triathlon. To request your discount, fill out the form underneath and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prize money* is awarded in Euros to the overall top 10 finishers, male/female:
1. 1000 € 6. 100 € 2. 600 € 7. 75 € 3. 400 € 8. 75 € 4. 300 € 9. 75 € 5. 200 € 10. 75 €
- Participant T-shirt and medal to all finishers
- Trophy for the winner of each age group and podium for 2nd and 3rd in each age group.
*Local tax and bank commissions will be deducted from the prize money.
- Participant T-shirt and medal for finnishing team members
- Trophies to the winning team of male, female, and mixed.
CLUB LA SANTA
CLUB LA SANTA
Download Club La Santa Races app for real-time athlete tracking, results and race information for Volcano Triathlon and other races organised by Club La Santa.
Subscribe to the Triathlon Newsletter and receive updates about Volcano Triathlon and other Triathlete Events.
If you have any questions or if there’s anything else we can help you with, please get in touch. We’re happy to help!