A CLASSIC EVENT
Olympic distance: 1.5 km swim, 40 km bike, 10 km run
Welcome to the Volcano Triathlon, the oldest international triathlon race in Spain. The event has been organised and hosted by Club La Santa since 1984, and enhanced by the presence of many World Champions.
Be a part of this challenging Olympic distance triathlon and rub shoulders with some of the best triathletes in Europe.
Experience the great atmosphere and enjoy the benefits of living conveniently close to both the start and finish line right here at Club La Santa.
DATE: 25TH FEBRUARY 2023
- Prize money* is awarded in Euros to the overall top 10 finishers, male/female:
1. 1000 € 6. 100 € 2. 600 € 7. 75 € 3. 400 € 8. 75 € 4. 300 € 9. 75 € 5. 200 € 10. 75 €
- Participant T-shirt and medal to all finishers
- Trophy for the winner of each age group and podium for 2nd and 3rd in each age group.
*Local tax and bank commissions will be deducted from the prize money.
- Participant T-shirt and medal for finnishing team members
- Trophies to the winning team of male, female, and mixed.
GOOD TO KNOW
18-24 years, 25-29 years, 30-34 years,
35-39 years, 40-44 years, 45-49 years,
50-54 years, 55-59 years, 60-64 years,
65-69 years, 70-74 years, 75-79 years
Minimum age: 18 years
UNTIL 31ST DEC. 2022
- Individuals: 60€
- Relay Team: 100€
FROM 1ST JAN. 2023
- Individuals: 70€
- Relay Team: 110€
DEADLINE TO REGISTER
21st February 2023, 12:00 CET.
Payment by credit card or PayPal only. No participants will be accepted after the registration deadline.
Cancellation requests must be sent to: email@example.com
- Until 10.09.2022: 75% refund of entry fee
- Until 05.11.2022: 50% refund of entry fee
- Until 31.12.2022: 25% refund of entry fee
- From 01.01.2023: No refund.
It is not possible to defer a slot to another year or athlete.
The International Triathlon Union's (ITU) Competition Rules must be followed.
- All athletes must collect their race numbers personally and present their photo ID or passport.
- You must wrap the race number sticker around the seat post of your bike and place 3 stickers on your helmet (front & both sides).
- You must wear a clearly visible race number on the front of your racing kit when running.
- You must wear a clearly visible race number on the back of your racing kit when cycling.
The torso of the athlete must be covered at all times.
Normal traffic rules must be obeyed.
Remain on the right hand side of the road to allow lapping participants to overtake safely and to avoid obstructing their race.
Drafting is not allowed.
The use of wetsuits is allowed.
It is obligatory for athletes to stop in the penalty box inside the transition zone when shown a blue card.
Make sure that you are covered by your National Triathlon Federation Insurance on race day. Without insurance, you must purchase a 1 Day Race Licence at the online registration. 1 Day Race Licence fee is 5€.
Cut off Times:
- Swim: 1hr from the race start
- Bike: 1st cut off at Caleta de Famara: 10:30hrs. Final cut off at Club La Santa: 11:00hrs
- Run: 4hrs 30mins from the race start.
- General Rules apply to the Relay Teams members (please see above).
- Make sure that you are covered by your National Triathlon Federation Insurance on race day. Without insurance, you must purchase a 1 Day Race Licence at the race pack collection on-site. 1 Day License Relay Teams Fee is 3€ for team members.
- The Race Results Chip will act as the race baton and must be exchanged between each team member in the Transition Zone.
- The Race Results Chip must be worn on the left ankle in all 3 disciplines.
- Each team member must attach the timing chip to their left ankle before the start of their discipline within the Transition Zone.
- The next designated team member may assist the incoming one by removing the chip and reattaching it to their own ankle, but only once the first one has passed the timing mats in the Transition Zone.